Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, December 15, 2008

Italian Flavor

I got the Ms. Marvel Storyteller one-shot for two reasons. One, because the cover is really cool, with Ms. Marvel in a pirate costume; and two, because this comic book is drawn by Giuseppe Camuncoli, the artist that will be drawing X-Infernus, whose cover I spotlighted last month. But the truth is the book is neither great nor awful: it's just okay, one of those meh books that you don't mind reading but you wouldn't miss anything if you didn't. The story by Brian Reed was sort of cute, but I didn’t really relate to any of the characters –or cared too much about them, to be honest. The artwork by the Italian team of Camuncoli and Lorenzo Ruggiero (inks) was somewhere between cartoony and classic superhero, so I liked it but it didn’t blow me away (and I might actually get X-Infernus). So, if you have nothing else to do and you know somebody who bought the book, go ahead and read it, but don't waste your money on it.

7 comments:

Nash said...

Esta bastante chula la portada, no se que tienen los piratas que les encantan a los dibujantes de comics y no saben como sacarlos. En gen13 tambien hay unas portadas geniales del perro de Campbell con los chicos disfrazados de piratas.

Mario Alba said...

Porque los piratas mooooolan!

Anonymous said...

Hablando de lo cual, Fel, me pregunto por qué no habrás utilizado la tag pirates en este post. ¿Quizá porque es estúpida y maldito sea el día en que se me ocurrió editarla? ;)

Mario Alba said...

Porque se me había olvidado que la teníamos! Pero ya lo he cambiado, hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Pues sí que... Mi comentario iba destinado a la eliminación de la etiqueta pirática, no a su ensalzamiento. :(

Mario Alba said...

Al contrario, querido Hal: excelentísima etiqueta a la que habrá que darle más uso!

Anonymous said...

Bueno, me resigno pues. :\