Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Broken Trinity

Broken Trinity was Top Cow's main even this year. And before I go on, I must congratulate Marc Silvestri's company for doing things the way they do. Instead of having a hundred books be part of the crossover, they just kept it lean and mean, like they did with First Born last year. Thus, Broken Trinity is a three-issue miniseries, and those three issues are all you need to know what's going on.

Like last year's First Born, Broken Trinity involves the Witchblade, the Darkness, and the Angelus, but this time the publisher promised us one of the three wouldn't walk out of the story alive. Knowing who the three characters were, I made my predictions, and, what do you know, I was right. This doesn't mean Ron Marz's story wasn't great, because it was lots of fun, but I just wasn’t surprised by the end. Also, Marz used this book to introduce a few of the famous Thirteen Artifacts we had been hearing about for a while but hadn't actually seen, adding more characters, elements, and power relationships to the Top Cow universe that promise to be very interesting.

Regarding the artwork, all I need to say is that Stjepan Sejic illustrates the three episodes of the series. Therefore, the book looks beyond amazing.

Of course, it helps if you are already familiar with the Darkness and the Witchblade to enjoy this book, but I would encourage everyone to check it out just the same. A fun read!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

De nuevo Marz y Sejic al ataque, ¿eh?

En serio, Fel, gracias a tí no voy a poder leer Witchblade sin ideas preconcebidas. Decepción a la vista. ;)

Mario Alba said...

Probablemente cierto. Lo siento ;)

Anonymous said...

Por cierto, ya me he leído los dos números que me pasaste... Y hasta ahí puedo leer.

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. Intrigado me dejas, querio.

Mario Alba said...

O querido, con D de Danos tu opinión inmediatamente. Or else.

Anonymous said...

Me parece justo. Post al respecto pronto.

Mario Alba said...

Eso! Eso!