Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, March 01, 2008

C is for Cool

The third book in Sue Grafton’s alphabet mysteries, C is for Corpse is also the best one so far. I enjoyed the first one, and really liked the second one, but this one puts Kinsey Millhone’s previous adventures to shame.

The best part of Kinsey’s adventures are, to me, not the mysteries themselves, but getting to spend time with the private eye. Kinsey Millhone is opinionated, judgmental, and a very believable character, so much so that she actually feels like a real person and not a character at all. Somebody you want to spend time to and get to know better.

Something else I really like is Kinsey’s fresh take on pretty much everything. She always comes up with fresh metaphors, innovative comparisons, and unexpected analogies. In other words, she sees everything that’s old and turns it into something new through her quirky, original vision.

Needless to say, I already have Kinsey’s fourth adventure on my To-Read shelf, patiently waiting for me to open it and enjoy it. And I have a feeling it’s not going to take very long at all.

No comments: