Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Testing, Testing, One Two Three...

This is the second time I post this, so it better doesn't magically disappear again...



Live Free or Die Hard opened in the USA past 27 June, and it did the same here in Spain more than two months later, on 7 September. Sadly, I still haven't seen it, but that is going to change tomorrow. And I can't wait.

To make the endless wait less hard to bear (and to die), I bring to Sunny Jhanna the by now widely known Die Hard music video, by GuyzNite (click here for the spanish subtitled clip). A great, fun song which covers the entire tetralogy.
A warning, though: the video contains major spoilers for the four Die Hard movies. So, if you haven't seen one, or maybe none of them, you know what you got to do... Just watch them now. Right now. You've missed enough McClane already.

4 comments:

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. That was fun and clever. Let us know how you like the movie!

Mario Alba said...

Since I was asking about the alternate title, I went to IMDB to find out the truth. This is what they have:

Why is it called "Live Free Or Die Hard" in the USA but "Die Hard 4.0" elsewhere?

The movie's title, "Live Free or Die Hard", is a reference to New Hampshire's State Motto "Live Free or Die". Since people outside the USA are even more unlikely to know anything about that motto or New Hampshire, "Die Hard 4.0" has been used for the rest of the world to relate to.

It should also be known that "Die Hard 4.0" was also one of the working titles for this movie.


And about that "one of the working titles for this movie", here you have the other titles, all from IMDB again:

Die Hard 4.0 (Australia)(UK)(USA)
Die Hard 4 (USA)
Die Hard 4: Die Hardest (USA)
Die Hard: Reset (USA)
Die Hard: Tears of the Sun (USA)

I guess it makes sense. The first thing I thought when I read the movie's title was New Hampshire's license plates, and wondered what they would do in the rest of the world. Well, I guess I know now ;)

Anonymous said...

Now it's clear like the water that's... well, clear. I didn't know about the NH motto, so that's one point for the movie business people.

Mario Alba said...

Yeah, each state has a little motto in their license plates, and NH's is Live free or die. Collect them all!