Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, September 22, 2007

(Not Really) Overdue

It feels just like forever since I talked about the comic books I'm getting, but I guess it's only been a month even though it feels way longer than that. Anyway, this is what I got on my last visit to B&M Amusement:
Madame Mirage #2
A terrific read. A very satisfying story with really cool artwork. We are promised some answers next month, but I think I've already figured out at least one big mystery. We'll see...
Iron and the Maiden #2
Another fun romp, with an interesting story and very nice artwork. The colors, just like in Madame Mirage, are phenomenal, and each page bursts with detailed backgrounds and cool action.
X-Men #202
The third part of the Blinded by the Light story line, this issue is okay, but not great. As always, I like Ramos's artwork, but I don't think he's doing his best on this series. But hey: only one more issue to go. And still, things are gearing toward the big Messiah CompleX crossover, which, among other things, will be spawning a new (and already controversial) X-Force. I, for one, will be checking it out, even though I never thought they could do anything to make me interested in a new X-Force. It's all Clayton Crain's fault.
The Dark Tower: Gunslinger's Guidebook
A sourcebook with character files and way more text than pictures. It would have nice if the artwork had been original instead of taken from the pages of the series, but it still is a nice companion for the series.
Eva: Daughter of the Dragon
This one-shot is so atrociously bad that deserves a post of its own, so just know this is awful and wait for a more detailed rant in the next few days, hehehe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No una tirada excelente esta vez, aunque de sobra aceptable, Fel.

Y pensar que yo tengo tres TPB nuevecitos en casa y aún no he podido ni ojearlos... :(

Mario Alba said...

Esos TPBs! A ver si te los lees, que tengo ganas de que compartas tus impresiones con nosotros.

Con respecto al número de lecturas, siempre me pasa lo mismo: los cuatro últimos meses del año siempre leo menos. En fin...

Anonymous said...

Ganas tengo de leérmelos, Fel. Ganas tengo, eso te lo puedo asegurar.

Y no te preocupes por leer algo menos, que normalmente sueles haber cubierto tu cupo hacia Marzo. :P

Mario Alba said...

Hahahahaha. Supongo que tienes razón. Yo tengo un par de TPBs prestados de Young Avengers, que a ver si me pongo y me los leo...