Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, April 08, 2007

It Was About Time

I haven't shown any teasers from my graphic novel in a long, long time (I guess I've had more interesting things to say), so I thought I'd post one today. Here you can see one of the main characters from the book saying something like "Hey, let's go grab a galenta juice!" Actually, he's saying nothing of the sort, but you didn't think I would tell you what he's actually saying, did you?
Anyway... both pencils and inks are by yours truly, since I inked issues three and four, and this little panel is obviously not from the first two issues. And regarding when you'll get to see part three, that's anyone's guess. My sister sent me page 64 a few days ago (and, let me tell you, it looks fantastic), so she only has eight more to go. I think the colors in this issue are the best so far, and since you guys said you'd rather wait for the colored version, I hope you'll think the results worth the wait. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems we'll just have to wait a bit more. Not a problem, you know.

And how comes that that character from Decaying (I'm sorry, but I can't remember his name right now) looks EXACTLY like you?
:P

Mario Alba said...

His name is Finn, and he looks like me? I deny everything!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Finn. HAHAHAHA!! I'd forgotten all about him. Errm, you.

And I don't have my own character? :P

Mario Alba said...

It's just like Kevin Smith said: if I'm only going to draw a comic book, at least let me be in it, hahaha.

And just be patient: you'll show up eventually, but not in Decaying ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know. But I really don't mind. I promise.

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. Ok.