Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, October 28, 2007

October Comic Books II

Yesterday I was home and I was bored, so I thought I'd go to the comic book store and see what I had in my box. It was only three books, but they complement my earlier post.

Witchblade #110
I'm sorry to report this issue was disappointing. The story adds nothing to either Witchblade or First Born, of which this issue is a tie-in. And the horrible artwork by a Steve Sadowski would be better appreciated if seen with the lights off. It's a good think Stjepan Sejic's exclusive run on the book is about to begin.

Madame Mirage #3
An excellent read once again. Secrets are revealed (and I'm glad to say I was right in my suspicions) in a story that is both well written and beautifully illustrated. Both Paul Dini and Kenneth Rocafort knock it out of the park!

X-Men #204
The last issue before the well-publicized crossover Messiah CompleX hits the X-titles next month, this ish is drawn by the awesome Mike Choi, and it looks great. Also, it's heavy on Gambit, which can only be a good thing.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Witchblade aún estoy expectante por hincarle el diente, Madame Mirage es al menos eroticamente apetecible (lo sé, lo sé), y sobre X-Men: es cierto, Con Gámbito de por medio no puedes equivocarte. ;)

Mario Alba said...

Madame Mirage es al menos eroticamente apetecible.

Hahahaha. Me parto, Hal. Aunque es verdad que está muy bien... hmmm... dibujada. La serie mola, y no sólo por los dibujos.

Lo de Witchblade ha sido una decepción, pero la serie es brillante, así que le perdonaremos un número que no está a la altura de las circunstancias; especialmente sabiendo el enorme potencial de lo que se avecina con el final de First Born. Se me cae la baba sólo de pensarlo! (Y ahora el teclado está que da pena.)

Anonymous said...

Pues sí que te ha calado Witchblade fuerte. Mi siguiente paso comiquil será leerme el TPB de Danger Girl. Y postear la crítica al respecto, por supuesto.

Mario Alba said...

Eso, eso! Léete DG and extoll its virtues!

Anonymous said...

Extoll, una palabra que no conocía. Gracias, Fel. ;)

Mario Alba said...

No es que sea muy usada, la verdad. Es más bien arcaica y se usa sólo en contextos literarios. Pero nunca está de má poder dárselas de intelectual, hahaha ;)

Anonymous said...

Jeje, recuerdo cuando me puse a leer a Poe, que me encontré la palabra hitherto varias veces en sus cuentos. Y nunca la había visto antes.

Desde entonces, la he visto hasta en la sopa. Exagero, claro, pero solo un poco. Eerrmmm... ¿De qué estaba hablando? ¿¿??

Mario Alba said...

Hablando de Poe, me estoy leyendo un libro que da en llamarse The Poe Shadow, pero que está resultando no ser nada del otro mundo. Más pronto...

Anonymous said...

Hablando de Poe:

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
"Sir," said I, "or madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is, I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you." Here I opened wide the door;---
Darkness there, and nothing more.


Masterful. Classic. Priceless.

Mario Alba said...

Awesome! Anoche terminé The Poe Shadow, que no es tan bueno como el poema que has puesto. En fin...