Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Jungle Girl

When Frank Cho drew the Shanna miniseries for Marvel a couple of years ago, his artwork blew me (and thousands of other fans) away. I guess the series was quite the success, since there's a new Shanna series out right now, but the great Cho has nothing to do with it. Instead, and in order to get his dose of hotties in fur bikinis stranded in the jungle, the cheeky author created Jungle Girl, which seems to be pretty much that: a scantily-clad hottie in the jungle. However, as soon as I discovered Cho was only plotting and drawing the covers, my interest for the project all but disappeared… until I saw issue #0 online on Newsarama. It's only eight pages, but you can see the artist, Adriano Batista, does share Cho's style and sensibilities. So hey, follow the link and check it out: you sure can't beat the price!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Los dibujos son muy buenos, ciertamente, pero a priori no encuentro la serie muy atrayente. La serie, he dicho, no la chica.

Quiero decir... ¿no es un poco estereotípica? Si hasta la tía se llama Jana. JANA, por el amor de Dios. ¿Tan difícil es ser un poco original con los nombres?

Mario Alba said...

Hahahaha. Estoy de acuerdo en que gráficamente está muy bien, pero tampoco me parece atractiva. La serie, no la chica. Vamos, que no me compraré el número uno, ni el dos.