Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, July 08, 2007

With Love (Inspiration)

Stephen King always says that story ideas seem to come out of nowhere, and I agree wholeheartedly. Two previously unrelated ideas, he says, get together and create something new under the sun. And I agree again. Maybe you thought my story With Love was rather silly, I won't try to convince you otherwise --because you are right: it was a whimsical, silly thing that didn't change the world or even the comic book industry. But I didn't set to do a stupid story, no I didn't (it just happened that way, hahaha). I wanted to do a humorous story, but I had nothing, really. Then I went online and I started to watch some music videos, and I came across Hilary Duff's With Love. Why not, I thought, and clicked on play. I discovered I kinda liked the song, and then Good Ole Hilary shows up in her trenchcoat, opens it, and… Wham! I had my story. One second I had nothing, and the next second I had everything. I saw Ms. Duff opening her coat and just looking cool and sexy, and I thought "Wouldn't it be cool to have one of my characters do that in a story?" And then I immediately saw it was Dae, and the reason why she was doing it was because she had been following some poor schmuck that was trying to get away from her. She was just appearing in front of him, all iconic and badass, ready to kick some major butt. And I guess since I had been thinking about fire demons lately, it was just natural that she was chasing one of those. But where there's Dae, there has to be Erin, and she showed up with Taranne, because Taranne had obviously been trying to catch the crook for the last few days, but she hadn't worked out a method until today. And the way to do it was so big and obvious it should have been apparent immediately: fight fire with… water.
All that has absolutely nothing to do with the music video, but it all came in a rush as soon as Hilary Duff unfastened her trenchcoat. I was indebted to her, and that's why the title of the story is With Love. I doubt anybody would have made the connection, but you never know: the human brain works in mysterious ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Antonio dice a my querida actors hablaba muy complications y ban a decir what you mean pero es lo que gusta por lo regular estudia grammatica altagracia abusa de ti con magia de cositas como andamos de repente el amor Tengo inteferencia channel 1