Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, August 26, 2011

Her Other Father

Here you have a picture of something I read in Coraline, the book by Neil Gaiman that was turned into a movie a couple of years ago. After Coraline's other mother is done with him, she turns Coraline's other father into what Gaiman describes as a white grub with stick-like arms and legs, and a fallen eye. If you think that's creepier than the movie you remember seeing, you're right, because, as I have found out, the book is darker than its more whimsical (and perhaps imaginative) cinematographic counterpart. At any rate, this is what I saw in my head when I read the passage, and so I thought I'd share my twisted mental picture with you. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Nash said...

El bicho da bastante asquito asi que te ha quedado muy bien. Es una peli que quiero ver, esperare a mi temporada de trenes para verla.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te parezca asqueroso, hahaha. Ya nos dirás qué te parece la peli.

Anonymous said...

No sé que palabra lo define mejor, Fel, si cool o gross, jajaja. Buen dibujo.

A ver si me veo yo también Coraline algún día de estos.

Mario Alba said...

Super gross!

Y Coraline se lee rapidísimo, así que no te costará mucho. De hecho, no te costará prácticamente nada.

Anonymous said...

Había escrito "veo", pero, oye, si se lee rápido, ¡allí estaré también!

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha: es verdad! Bueno: se ve incluso más rápido que se lee, hahaha.