Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cubicle Spider

My good friends Gate 2 Nowhere once again asked me to draw something for them. This time they wanted a picture for a t-shirt so that they can sell some goods at their concerts to raise some money, and, as usual, they had a very clear idea of what they wanted. Basically, they wanted a spider named Dave wearing a shirt and working in a cubicle. Pretty straightforward, right?
Needless to say, I found this idea exciting and outrageous. It was, I felt, something I could have come up with myself, so I was dying to start working on the piece. I spent about an hour and a half from beginning to end (a very quick and basic pencil sketch, and then pens), and I have to say that I had a lot of fun working on this picture. I added some nice "office details" such as the calendar, the photo frame, the mug with pens, the plant, and some books and binders, and I think the end result looks weird and creepy but also sort of cute. I'll let you be the judges of that, though, so check it out, and let me know what you think!

8 comments:

Nash said...

Mola mucho, la cara te ha quedado genial. Y esta muy graciosa con el uniforme de currante y el ordenador.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste, Nash. En lo que a la cara se refiere, busca "spider face" en Google y atento a los bellos rostros, hahaha.

Nash said...

Realmente es interesante ver la variedad de arañas y sus caras, lo que más me impresiona es el numero de ojos, va cambiando. Te imaginas humanos con diferente numero de brazos o ojos.

Nash said...

Es brazo u ojos, que me he dado cuenta.

Anonymous said...

Jojojo, tremendísimo dibujo. Buena idea han tenido los de G2N. Es verdad que parece tuya, Fel.

Me encantan esa firma tuya que es la libélula, la planta carnívora como planta de oficina, y los títulos de los libros. "Gourmet Bugs", jajaja.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste, Hal, y de que hayas reparado en los detallitos que metí así como el que no quiere la cosa, hahaha.

En cuanto a las caras de las arañas y el número de ojos, Nash, la mezcla entre fascinación y repelús que me da verlas se ve sólo superada por lo asombroso de sus "diseños". Sería interesante ver humanos con tanta variedad ocular paseando por el centro comercial...

Anonymous said...

Para eso están los detallitos, Fel, jajaja. Para buscarlos.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de poderte entretener un rato, pues ;)