Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, May 09, 2010

Taped to a Chair

My girlfriend brought Suicide Kings to my apartment so that we could watch it together, and I must say I enjoyed it quite a bit. She hadn't seen it in forever, and I had never seen it before. As a matter of fact, I had no idea what it was about. My only clue was the cover, which features Christopher Walken tied to a chair. Beyond that, I didn't know what to expect.

I thought the story was interesting and well told, and the acting was great. I didn't expect anything less from Walken, but Denis Leary surprised and amused me in all his scenes, which seemed to have been written by a Tarantino fan. The movie is slow paced, but it never seems to drag and it's never boring, which is remarkable given there is only a handful of locations, no action to speak of, and the whole thing feels more like a play than a movie.

All in all, I had a great time watching this film, so if you haven't seen it, I recommend you check it out. It's definitely worth seeing!

2 comments:

Nash said...

No había oído hablar nunca de esta peli, pero parece interesante, el amigo Wolken es de mis secundario preferidos.

Mario Alba said...

Gran actor, y una peli ciertamente curiosa :)