Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Home-Made Horror

My girlfriend bought Paranormal Activity on DVD, and so we watched it the other night. She had seen it already, and I was curious to see if the movie would live up to all the rave reviews it got when it opened last year. Well, it did, because I thought the film was a lot of fun. It was creepy and disturbing, and it felt like it could be real, which makes for a great scary movie. Also, the acting was incredible, and that, in addition to the way the film was shot, gave me the impression I was eavesdropping on what was going on in the house. I felt like that could really be going on, and that people would react in the exact way this couple does, and that is the greatest compliment I can think of.

The DVD comes with an alternate ending (the original one, I think) that I liked about as much as the one in the final cut. (Actually, it wasn't all that different.), and the austere menu and presentation reinforce the idea of it being a found tape, an amateur recording. It simply fits the content (and concept) of the movie perfectly, which is a great idea, just like the movie. So watch Paranormal Activity if you haven't already, and let us know what you think!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Ya se que no tiene nada que ver con el post, pero como has escrito mucho ya lo leere con calma:-) pero he terminado de ver Kick Ass y esta bastante chula. Tengo ganas de ver la segunsa parte.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te haya gustado. Mejor que Iron Man 2?

Nash said...

Hombre no tienen nada que ver la una con la otra, pero si más divertida.

Mario Alba said...

Ya se que son diferentes, ya. Creo que a mi Kick-Ass me gusto mas. Y anoche vi Prince of Persia, asi que podreis leer la critica pronto!

Nash said...

Mira que le gusta a Cristal el cine de terror. Otra peli que no veré. Espero la critica del principe de persia, aunque ya me han dicho que cumple noblemente con su objetivo que es entretener.

Mario Alba said...

Si que le gusta, si. Y Prince of Persia entretiene y poco mas. Ya pondre la critica esta semana...