Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mishandled Misadventures

Coinciding with the publication of Chelsea Handler's third literary enterprise, her second book, Are You There, Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea, came out on paperback, and I rushed to get it. I thoroughly enjoyed her first book, My Horizontal Life, and so I was ready to laugh out loud again with the comedian's misadventures.

MHL focused on one-night stands, but Vodka is broader in scope and recounts different anecdotes that are not related to sex necessarily. As with her previous effort, this book is laugh-out-loud funny, and the weird situations Handler finds herself in are priceless and definitely worth reading. I like her outrageous way to describe people and situations, and how she tries to be as insulting and infuriating as possible while keeping her tongue firmly planted in her cheek. I mean, "a kid with an unusually large cranium and 'crazy eyes'"? Who wouldn't want to read this book?

No comments: