Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fairy Tale

I bought What-the-Dickens because, weird as it was, I enjoyed Wicked, the best-known book by Gregory Maguire. I was in Books-a-Million, saw the book, I thought it looked interesting, and I purchased it. At 297 pages (and big print), What-the-Dickens is a quick read, and seeing it was in the Young Adults section, I shouldn't be surprised. Also, seeing it was in that section, I was ready for a story that wouldn't be as complex or adult as Wicked, and I was right.

What-the-Dickens tells the story of a rogue tooth fairy, or rather, it tells the story of a young English teacher telling the story of a rogue tooth fairy. Both narratives are intertwined, and both of them are reasonably interesting. Still, the book was merely okay, and even though it made me chuckle a couple of times, it wasn't as entertaining as I thought it was going to be. Therefore, I don't think I'm going to recommend you guys read it, but I don't regret having read it. Hopefully, the next one will be better!

No comments: