Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lots of Comics

I haven't written one of these in a while, so let me share with you the last few comic books I read. Some of them were good, and some others were… well, not so good.

Witchblade #117
The next installment in the current story arc that began last month, Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic deliver the goods once again. A solid story and gorgeous artwork combine to create one of the best books on the shelf right now.

Witchblade/Devi #1
This book was a huge disappointment. The story by Ron Marz is okay, but everything else is mediocre. Eric Basaldua knows how to draw, but these pages felt uninspired, rushed and weren't up to par. In addition to that, The inking was terrible, and the colors were horrendous. This is a two-issue series, so I'll get the second one, but I wouldn't recommend it even to Witchblade die-hard fans. Like myself.

Broken Trinity Prelude
Things are gearing up to this summer's event from Top Cow. Following last year's First Born, the Witchblade, the Darkness and the Angelus are at it again, and the story promises to be as excellent as the artwork. Can't wait for this!

Dark Ivory #1
I think this is the first time I've ever bought a book by Joseph Michael Linsner, and I liked it. There's teen angst, goths, vampires, and cool artwork for you to enjoy. I especially like Linsner's faces and facial expressions, since his figures sometimes tend to be too stiff. Still, the book was very enjoyable, and I will make sure I get the remaining three issues!

Fables #71
I bought this book for the gorgeous cover, and that is certainly the best part. The story is entertaining, but the artwork is just horrendous, which reminded me why I had never bought the series before. The story is interesting, but I just can't get myself to look at the pictures. Brrr…

And that's it for now. More comic book talk in the next few weeks!

No comments: