Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Talking About Fantasy Artists


After my previous post about Brom, I realized I still hadn't mentioned Raymond Swanland in this blog. Let's fix that.
I was at Barnes & Noble (shocking, I know), lurking around the fantasy section (something I never do either), when a couple of covers caught my attention. The pictures looked very distinctive, dynamic, and kind of dark. The books were part of The Fighters storyline, which I haven't read, but that take place in the Forgotten Realms universe.
I checked the back of the book and then the copyright page in my quest to find out who the artist was. It turned out it was a Raymond Swanland.
Since the Internet is one of Mankind's greatest inventions (along with the thong and the escalator --going up, mind you), it took like a couple of seconds to find Swanland's Official Site. And this man is nothing short of awesome. Just go and take a look at his artwork (the picture accompanying this post is one of my favorites, but it's been really hard to choose one), and then come back and thank me. You're welcome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You very well know that I'm not a drawing obsessed kind of person, but, anyway, good works those of good new Swanland. Thank you.
And, BTW, I agree with you: thongs, the best thing ever created. It's incredible what they can achieve with so small a piece of fabric. A genius masterpiece.