Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, July 28, 2006

Die, Tucker! Dieeee!


I just came back from The Rave, that wonderful movie theater. As I threatened a couple of posts ago, I went to see John Tucker Must Die. And hey, I liked it. I mean, what's there not to like? A bunch of hot chicks… Scratch that. A bunch of really, really hot chicks being evil and trying to destroy a player? Cool story! And awesome eye candy too, hehehe. I guess I'm easily pleased. Anyway. The movie is fun to watch, and I found it very entertaining. It keeps a fast pace from beginning to end (and, at 87 minutes, you don't have time to be bored), and it gives you a glimpse of devious teenage minds and how downright mean they can get.
Coming hardly as a surprise, Rotten Tomatoes.com gives the movie a 23%, making it the "worst" movie opening this weekend. Then again, these people gave Superman Returns a hilarious 76%, and Pirates of the Caribbean 2 a 54% (click on the numbers to read the reviews), so I guess they're only fallible humans, prone to make the occasional mistake (like the three I just mentioned, to give you, dear readers, an example).
So yeah. I usually like what the critics bash. Then again (and as I've said before), I'm in movies for the entertainment value, so you know the chances you're taking if you decide to go see the movie. At least, what you can do for free is to check out the main actresses: Brittany Snow, Arielle Kebbel, Sophia Bush, and Ashanti. And you can also check out some pictures from the movie here. Enjoy.

3 comments:

alberto said...

Mario, como ya dije en mi respuesta a tu respuesta en mi blog (joder que complicado suena), you have turned me in, Lori is asking what hottie we are talking about (you know, the blonde with the ibook in the picture a couple of your posts ago). Ahora voy a tener que acogerme a la quinta enmienda (de una constitución que, por otro lado, no me protege), jejejeje.

Bueno, celebro que te molara la película. Personalmente, dudo que la vea (ni tan siquiera en DVD). Estoy de acuerdo contigo, sin embargo, en lo de que los críticos muchas veces la cagan, y con ganas. El fin del cine comercial es el entretenimiento. No tengo absolutamente nada en contra del cine de autor, que conste. Pero un poco de cultura pop no le hace daño a nadie....

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Bueno. Ya lo he "arreglado" en tu blog... Más o menos...
La peli es entretenida, con un montón de tías buenas (como Man of the House, del año pasado, otra joya cinematográfica). Supongo que si tuviera novia, no me emocionaría tanto con este tipo de producto... Un momento: ¿a quién trato de engañar? POR SUPUESTO que me emocionaría, hahaha.

alberto said...

Esperamos con impaciencia detalles relacionados con la cita a ciegas de mañana. Respecto a lo de emocionarse o no, I'll remain silent...