Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Double Feature



Last weekend I went to see a couple of movies. One of them, I was really interested in seeing; the other one, I thought I'd be kind of okay. Both of them opened on Friday, and my being my impatient self, I had to see both of them over the weekend.
The first one was Monster House. I went to see it on Friday as soon as it was showing. The preview looked really good, and I was really excited about it. However, it turned out to be a disappointment. It is well done, and the idea of the haunted house that is actually alive is cool. But it bored me. I guess part of the reason why I didn't like it were the main characters, who were annoying. Especially the fat kid. I felt like slapping him most of the time he showed his stupid face on screen. I found him so annoying that I was hoping against hope he would die or suffer some kind of horrible punishment. Oh, well…
The second one I saw on Sunday. It was Ivan Reitman's new comedy in what seems forever (since Evolution, maybe?): My Super Ex-Girlfriend. I thought it wasn't going to be very good -and the truth is that I don't like Uma Thurman all that much-, but I actually laughed a lot. It turns out Luke Wilson is quite funny, and his horrible dick of a friend, Rainn Wilson, is hilarious. And hey: Anna Faris is hot, so there you go. It's not the greatest movie ever, but it is a lot of fun. More so than Evolution, I think.
Anyway. My friend Kristin just let me borrow Kill Bill 2 on DVD, which I still haven't seen, so I guess I'll do that while I wait for John Tucker Must Die to open. (This Friday!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick, but handsome...

Mario Alba said...

Hmmm... I don't remember what I said before. Truth is, I wasn't all that excited about the movie, but I had nothing else to do, and I felt like going to the movies. I had already seen everything I really, really wanted to see (or thought I did), so it was down to either MSEG or Clerks II. And I chose the former. But I DO know I'm gonna go see John Tucker Must Die: quality cinema!

Mario Alba said...

Alberto me pregunta, en el post posterior a éste (o anterior, según lo mires), quién es la maciza en primer plano en la foto que acompaña este texto. La escena es de la peli John Tucker Must Die, que estrenan hoy. La rubia en primer plano es Arielle Kebbel, y sí: parece muy simpática.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0444223/