Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, July 31, 2006

Chilling in San Diego


I got to San Diego yesterday. I'm going to be here for a week, and I want to post pictures I take here and enhance them with my wordy (not to mention moving) prose. This wonderful idea is, of course, stolen from Alberto, who did just that a couple of weeks ago when he went to Washington, DC. The only problem is that I still haven't taken my camera anywhere. But I'm about to go downtown, and I'm definitely taking it with me; which means that you'll get to see something tomorrow. Meanwhile, to keep you entertained (and to keep with my streak of regular posts), here you have another random panel from my upcoming graphic novel. The medium is obviously pencil on bristol paper. I don't know why, but I really like this picture. I hope you do too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buena idea lo de meter fotos personales en el blog. A ver si así cobra otro aire. Benditas cámaras digitales. A ver cuando me compro yo una.
El dibujo, genial, como siempre. Quizá no me guste su mandíbula, pero no todos los personajes (o, debería decir, LAS personajes) tienen por qué parecer iguales tampoco, claro.
Y ya contarás que tal por San Diego. Por cierto, pregunta de ignorante, ¿qué hay en San Diego? Aparte del zoo y la Comic-Con, digo.

Mario Alba said...

Sí, bueno. Intento dibujarles caras diferentes, variando la mandíbula y la forma de la nariz principalmente, pues me da mucha rabia cuando la única diferencia entre personajes es el pelo.
Aparte del zoo que no he visto, y la ComicCon a la que llegué una semana tarde, hay playas, fiesta, y californianas macizas. No está mal...