Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Ridiculous

Several reviews I've read point out all the unbelievable plot twists and developments Salt packs from beginning to end. They can't suspend their disbelief, the turns of events are ludicrous, plot holes abound, and the action sequences and stunts are nowhere near plausible. I subscribe to all those notions, yet I can't deny the movie is very entertaining and fun to watch. I do wish the story at least tried to be more realistic, and I also wish Angelina Jolie looked like she did ten years ago, when she looked good instead of skeletally scrawny and, let's face, a bit grotesque and disproportionate. Those things are not to be had, though, so we'll have to settle with demented plot developments and impossible, reality-defying stunts. And still, the movie is a fun ride, reckless and over the top and unrelenting. So, if you're in the mood for some action and don't care for verisimilitude, add Salt to your summer diet. If those obstacles sound insurmountable though, go see Inception again, and see how much you like it the second time around.

6 comments:

Nash said...

Bueno si tengo una tarde en la que no me apetezca pintar, ni pueda quedar con nadie y no tenga ninguna serie para ver le echare un vistazo a la peli.
Tienes toda la razon con la amiga Angelina, parecia una muñeca Branz, super cabezona con un cuerpo riduculo, deberia comer un poco más.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Buena comparación. Ya me dirás qué te parece la peli si vas a verla :)

huitzilin said...

What? You really think she's all skinny and gross now? Hmm.

Mario Alba said...

Absolutely. I take it you disagree?

huitzilin said...

Well, I wouldn't use terms like "skinny" and "gross," although I will acknowledge that she used to be better looking. (But then, to whom does that not apply?) I still think she's pretty, and I still think she's got odd lips. But maybe if I saw this movie I'd agree with you.

Mario Alba said...

Odd lips indeed. They look disproportionate in relation to the rest of her face. (Her eyes are also huge.) There was one particular scene in which her head looked humongous compared with her tiny shoulders, and her legs and body in general looked way too thin, in my opinion. Of course, you don't need to agree with me... but maybe if you saw the movie you would, hahahahaha :)