Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Angry Medea

I bought the first volume of Greek Street because it looked dark and creepy, and because Davide Gianfelice was the artist in the book. I liked his work in Northlanders, and this new series written by Peter Milligan looked interesting. It is sort of strange how I've gravitated to Vertigo books lately, but I have, so I was fairly sure I would enjoy GS, and I did. The story, who brings old Greek myths and tragedies to modern-day London, is dark and interesting, and Gianfelice's artwork is exactly what I was expecting after reading Northlanders: perhaps not for everyone, but it works for me. Therefore, art and story combined in a well-crafted tale, and I am curious to see how things develop in the next volume. A fun, quirky read!

No comments: