Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lustful Venice

Watching Dangerous Beauty made me think of Assassin's Creed II, even though the movie takes place in Venice instead of Florence --because that's where ACII takes place, right? I haven't played in so long I'm not even sure! At any rate, the main character, courtesan Veronica Franco, reminded me of the courtesans you can hire to distract the guards in the game, and now that my 360 is finally out of the box again, it made me want to continue playing to finish the game after this four or five month hiatus.

At any rate, the movie was very entertaining, and I really liked Catherine McCormack's portrayal of the poet and courtesan, a strong woman whose tongue is as sharp as her sword. (Actually, I was also reminded of the hilarious swordfighting scenes in Monkey Island while watching the movie.) Therefore, if you haven't seen Dangerous Beauty and are in the mood for a Venetian love story, by all means check out this DVD!

No comments: