Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Super Saiyan

Once again, I found myself sketching during a Dungeons & Dragons game, and, once again, I reverted to old cartoons I used to watch when I was little for inspiration. I recently showed you a Ninja Turtle, and this time we have a Super Saiyan from Dragon Ball, that Japanese series we all used to eat up and now are too ashamed to admit it. As it happened with the Turtle, I hadn't drawn a Saiyan in over a decade, and I didn't have any photo reference to look at either, so I basically drew a generic Super Saiyan that is not supposed to be anybody in particular. Say what you will about Toriyama's most popular creation, but the Super Saiyan look is so visually arresting I could draw these guys on a weekly basis. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nash said...

Te has pasado de cabezon, pero como puesdes jugar a D&D y dibujar a la vez.

Mario Alba said...

Ya ves: talentoso que es uno ;)