Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Monday, August 09, 2010

Creepy After Dark

The Mothman Prophecies was a spooky movie full of eerie events, strange situations, and creepy coincidences, but I'm still not sure what story we were being told. I enjoyed the movie's unsettling atmosphere, but I don't understand why the movie begins when it does and ends when it does. Is this the story of John Klein, or the story of the prophecies? I would say a little bit of both, but both threads, though intertwined, are left unfinished and somewhat unresolved in my opinion. My girlfriend said that, since the movie is based on a book based on actual events, it is what it is, and I can't argue with that. However, if you're turning this tale into a movie, the audience expects some kind of resolution, and that is not given in the film. Still, I enjoyed TMP a lot, and I'm glad a watched it.



No comments: