Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eight Legged Freaks

Here you have a picture based on a true story. A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I were working at the barn, and we had to empty a big trough to clean out the by then greenish water and fill it up with. This required a considerable amount of strength, and our efforts were rewarded with a sight from hell: underneath the huge trough there were a black widow, and a brown recluse, two of the most poisonous spiders on Earth. As you can see, this dangerous adventure inspired me to draw a cartoony rendition of what happened, and both my girlfriend and I agree it turned out really well. She loves the humongous black widow, and I am particularly fond of our faces. At any rate, I hope you like it!

5 comments:

Nash said...

Me encanta, eso que te escondas detras de ella es lo mejor, seras cobardica, si las arañas no hacen nada si no se las molesta.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste :) Y sí que parezco un poco cobarde en el dibujo, hahaha. Sin embargo, debo decir que, en la historia real, ella me hizo coger un palo para ocuparme de la araña, hahahaha.

Carlos said...

Me ha gustado mucho este dibujo, no de los mejores que te he visto. Me gusta mucho la araña gigante, en los USA tenéis de todo..... A mi las arañas en terrarios sino que no se acerquen..

Carlos said...

Por cierto si voy algún día por tu granja tener guardado el antídoto.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste, Carlos. Y no te preocupes, que tendremos el antídoto preparado, por si acaso :)