Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dark Ivory #3

I had nothing else to do today, so I finally turned to the pile of to-read comic books I keep on my coffee table between the couch and my flatscreen, and grabbed Dark Ivory #3, which had been sitting there for a long, long time. If you remember, I really liked the first issue, because it was intriguing and mysterious, but the second one left me a bit indifferent, even though it ended with a cliffhanger. Maybe that indifference was what was keeping me away from reading the penultimate installment in the series, but I must say this issue was better than the last one. Ivory is freaking out and looking for answers, and Linsner gives us lots of different facial expressions that reflect the frame of mind and conflicting emotions the different characters are going through. I think the artwork still looks a bit wooden and stilted, but it is very distinctive (in a good way) and matches the story rather nicely. Therefore, while I wasn't blown away by this episode, I'm looking forward to the conclusion of the series!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joer Fel, me maravilla cómo puedes ser capaz de seguirle el hilo a un cómic cuando te has leido el número anterior lo menos medio año antes y entre medias te has devorado los fondos de la Biblioteca Nacional.

¿Cómo lo haces?

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Muy fácil, Hal: porque no lo hago. Normalmente me espero a tener todos los números (o varios) de una serie antes de leerlos, porque si no, no me acuerdo. Lo que pasa es que, por alguna razón me acordaba (de lo único que me acordaba, de hecho) del final del número dos. Eso, y que viene un resumen tipo previously, on Dark Ivory en la primera página del cómic, hahaha.

Nash said...

Esta arpia esta bastante mas buena que las mias...

Anonymous said...

Cierto, Nash. Pero no te preocupes, que te aseguro que no tiene nada que ver con cómo las pintaste.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Aunque creo que esta no es una arpía, por más alas que tenga...

Anonymous said...

¿Qué es pues? ¿Un vampiro alado o algo?

Mario Alba said...

Dicen lo que es, pero no me acuerdo. Creo que la llaman "The White Lady", y parece una especie de diosa de algo... O no, no me acuerdo :P

Nash said...

Sera la diosa de las arpias, y para que no tenga rival en cuanto a su belleza al resto las hizo tan feas como las que tengo yo. Mujeres....

Anonymous said...

¡¡JAJAJAJAJA!!

Mario Alba said...

No me extrañaría pero nada...