Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Late SDCC

The world-famous San Diego ComicCon took place last month, but since I was travelling, I didn't really get a chance to tell you guys about it. Since it's too late now, I won't go into detail, but will offer instead some highlights, all of them available at Newsarama.
1. For information about Top Cow and their projects, follow this link.
2. For information about Joss Whedon's new series Dollhouse, make sure you read this.
3. For information about the first movie of the new Terminator trilogy, Terminator: Salvation, read this article.
4. For insightful Lost comments by its creators, don't miss this panel.
5. For a comprehensive look at every single article Newsarama has on the topic, go here.
Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool topics.

We'll see if the new Terminator movie is worth it. Everything points toward a big fiasco, but... still Christian Bale.

Dollhouse, on the other hand, is probably going to be awesome. I only hope the network doesn't cancel the show half into the first season.

Mario Alba said...

We'll see what happens with Dollhouse. If I were Joss Whedon, and after what happened with Firefly, I would have demanded a guaranteed full first season.

And J.J. Abram's Fringe doesn't look bad, either.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but I think it's going to be pretty hard for Fringe to step out of the X-Files's shade (if that sentence has the same meaning in english that it has in spanish).

And new Smallville season, and new superheroes appearing. Should they wrap the show up already? Aren't they pretty close to jumping the shark? (somebody who hasn't watched even two Smallville episodes asking...)

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. I still haven't seen Season 7, but season 6 wasn't all that's cracked up to be. We'll see how things go, but I think the creators of the show have left, which is usually the smooch of death for any TV show.

And I agree: Fringe will be seen as an X-Files knock-off.

Anonymous said...

It has already been seen as such, judging from Newsarama's article.

I'm not the greatest fan of Mr. J.J. Abram's work, but I kind of suppose he'll have that issue covered. In his mind. More or less.

Mario Alba said...

I guess... I'm actually not a big fan, either. Curiously enough, right before the movie I just came back from seeing (Vicky Cristina Barcelona), they had a long documentary-like thingy about the series. I don't think I'll be watching it.

Anonymous said...

So... What about Mr. Allen's last film? Was it great, good or just all-I-remember-is-that-Scarlett-Johansson's-in-it?

Mario Alba said...

It was okay, and Scarlett looked beautiful. Review soon :)

Anonymous said...

Cool!

BTW, I hope to go watching TDK sometime this week. Or maybe the next. But I'm not letting that movie escape me.

Mario Alba said...

Let us know what you think when you see it!