Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bible Equals Astrology

My friend Felipe suggested we watched a documentary called Zeitgeist that had really impressed him. Since we had nothing else to do, we spent a couple of hours in front of my TV screen, and I am very happy I did.

Zeitgeist is divided into three parts, all of them very interesting. The first one claims the Bible is nothing but an astrology treatise, and points out all the elements Christians took from older myths, different religions, previous sun gods, and both astronomical knowledge and astrological lore. This part is very informative, terribly compelling, and I admit I watched it with a gleeful smile on my face --when my mouth wasn't wide open in revelation, that is. Needless to say, this is my favorite part of the documentary.

The second part is basically a deconstruction of 9/11, and how it all seems to point at the American government as the perpetrator of the attacks. Now, I'm not a big fan of conspiracy theories, but there are several points in this section that really make you think and question several assertions and statements that were made. Whether this is true or false, I don't know, but it sounds eerily plausible.

The last part talks about banks, money, and debt, and how the United States always seems to enter wars under the sketchiest circumstances. Is it all so the government can profit from the war? Is the government the highest power in the country? Again, I'm no friend of gratuitous paranoia, but some arguments here warrant being listened to.

The first eight minutes or so of Zeitgeist are not all that amazing, but I advice you stick with it and wait until Part I begins. If nothing else, watch just that part, and let us know what you think. I bet some people are very angry!

2 comments:

Recaredo said...

Siento seguir entrando en tu blog, y a parte de ver el interesante artículo sobre un documental de astrología, sólo puedo ver el medio seno que tienes de la foto de bajo... ¿Estaré mal?

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. No, te comprendo. Es lo que tiene Scarlett, que a todos enajena. Por ponerlo de forma suave ;)