Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Family Portrait

Here you have a picture I drew for my wife as a Christmas present. It features our family in front of our house, and if it looks like it took hours upon hours to finish is because it did. I drew the whole thing freehand in pencil first, then I went over most of the lines with a ruler to fix the worst offenders, and then I inked everything with my new Copic pens freehand so that it would look a little bit more organic and there wouldn't be any completely straight lines that made certain elements look boxy or too geometrically precise.
My wife loved the picture, and I had a lot of fun working on it, so I couldn't be happier with the results. I confess that, looking at it now, I would change a couple of things that I could have done better, but I guess that's the kind of attitude I need to improve and do better every time. In any case, and self-criticism aside, I am very pleased with the picture, and my wife thinks it will look great in our living room. I hope you like it too!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Como ya dije en facebook esta genial tienes cuidados todos los detalles hasta la libelula de la puerta. Muy chulo.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste :) Me gusta este estilo de dibujo, aunque lleva muuuuucho tiempo...

Nash said...

La verdad es que esta muy detallado, pero las grandes obras es lo que tienen...gracias por dibujarlas.

Mario Alba said...

Muchas gracias, hombre :)

Anonymous said...

Tremenda, Fel, treeeemenda. Me encanta cómo queda la casa, el efecto en perspectiva, y todas esas líneas rectas que no son demasiado rectas, con lo que el resultado no es un guirigay geométrico e impersonal.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste, Hal. Con respecto a la falta de guirigay geométrico (me parto), lo que hago es dibujar todas las líneas a mano alzada, usar la regla después para corregir las más torcidas, y luego entintarlo todo sin usar la regla para nada. El resultado: líneas rectas que no lo son tanto :)