Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Artist vs Artist

The fourth volume of Bakuman is the best one so far, which is saying a lot, because the previous three volumes were amazing. I found myself helplessly turning the pages, feeling for the characters, laughing with their triumphs and being saddened by their failures. And not only did I root for the main characters, Mashiro and Takagi, but for the supporting ones as well, such as Fukuda and Mr. Nakai. I wanted them all to get their own series so bad, I was devastated when some of them didn't get one. Fortunately, there is always next volume.

The artwork in Bakuman continues to be terrific, and the story is extraordinary. As a matter of fact, I think this is the best series I'm currently following. Every chapter is an exhilarating read, a storm of laughs and success, of failure and disappointment. Every character is interesting and compelling, and I follow each one of them with a heretofore unseen passion. Artists, editors, main characters, supporting characters: it matters not, because I am so invested in all of them that, by the time I reach the last page, my whole body is coiled with tension, hoping for the best but trying to steel myself for the worst. Then I need to remind myself these people aren't real, and that this is only a manga. "Only a manga," what a joke. This series is a must-read for everyone who has even the most passing of interests in comics, art, chasing your dreams, and life in general. If you like any of those things, you will absolutely adore Bakuman. I promise.

4 comments:

Nash said...

Esta claro que la serie te encanta, no se si esta en España, pero si lo esta la buscare aunque solo sea para leerla por encima.

Mario Alba said...

Sé de buena tinta (Carmen lo dijo) que la están publicando en España, así que échale un vistazo.

Anonymous said...

Sí, sí, la están publicando.

Que de acuerdo estoy con todo lo que has dicho en el post Finn!!

Anonymous said...

Uys, soy Carmen :P