Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shark Attack!

Remember the picture I showed you a couple of days ago? Well, the more I looked at it, the less happy I was with it, so I decided to give the octopus lady another shot, this time in color. The idea for this illustration came to me while I was reading, and it was all I could do not to drop the book and run to my desk. I thought about it for a little bit, changed a couple of things in my head (in the original concept, she was squirting ink in the shark's face), and then grabbed my pencil and went to work.
I think the picture turned out really nice, and I like both the octopus girl and the shark. I also like how this picture is, as opposed to the other one, telling a story; a story whose end we don't know. Will she escape? Will she end up as shark food? I don't know, but regardless of the outcome, I hope you guys like the picture!

8 comments:

Nash said...

Te ha quedado genial, me encanta el tiburon, da auntentico miedo y la pobre "sirena", esta genial. Los colores estan muy acertados.

Mario Alba said...

Me alegro de que te guste. La verdad es que estoy muy contento con cómo me ha quedado, y me lo pasé en grande dibujándolo :)

Nash said...

Como lo hiciste, pintaste primero al tiburon y luego le añadiste a "pulpita" y directamente la dibujaste???

Mario Alba said...

No. Dibujé a Pulpita primero, y luego dibujé al tiburón detrás, todo a lápiz. Después lo coloreé todo, y finalmente lo entinté.

Nash said...

Por cierto a la pobre pulpita le has quitado casi toda su pechonalidad y la has llenado de escamitas.

Mario Alba said...

Es lo que tiene no ser un mamífero: que no hay razón para tener... hmmm... ubres :)

Nash said...

Desde cuando las sirenas no son mamiferos??? Protesto energicamente.

Mario Alba said...

¿Desde que son medio peces y no tienen ombligo?