Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Worlds Collide #5

This has to be one of my favorite pages in the story. Having Dhraya ride the subway on her way to school was one of the first images that formed in my mind when I started thinking about Worlds Collide, and I can't believe I forced myself to wait for five pages before getting to draw it. In the earliest stages of story development and page layout, Dhraya riding the subway followed immediately after the cityscape that opened the story. Those two images, the city and the subway, were the first two images I knew I wanted to draw, and the whole story kind of spawned from there. However, as the story evolved, other things started to happen in between these two scenes. I'll explain more about this after you see what happens in the next few pages, though, so stay tuned!

Bonus: Check out the original thumbnail and the page-in-progress.

6 comments:

Nash said...

Me gusta mucho la viñeta del metro, todos esos seres extraños pero con una gran dosis de humanidad. El tipo de la escuela de arte, con gafas negras y boina...
Aunque deberian estar más apretados todavia.

Mario Alba said...

Sí, es verdad: deberían estar más apretados todavía. Será que la hora punta ya ha pasado, hahaha. Y el tipo de la escuela de arte es un engreído, creo...

Nash said...

Sip tiene toda la pinta, pero bueno de esos tipos tu conoceras más que yo, que solo conozco a una chica que estudiase eso.

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. Algunos recuerdo...

Anonymous said...

Gran pagina, Fel. A ver si la historia va avanzando un poco mas. Que no es que no lo haga, pero este ritmo de dos paginas cada semana se me esta haciendo insoportable.

Por mucho que mole la escena en el metro, yo me quedo con la agil Dhraya de la ultima viñeta. Jeje. ¡Colosal!

Mario Alba said...

Pues resulta que estoy de acuerdo contigo, Hal, y mi viñeta favorita de esta página es también la última, en especial Dhraya.

En lo que al progreso de la historia se refiere, avanza lenta pero segura ;)