Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Plagiarism

The editor of the school's newspaper asked me for another cartoon for their second issue. Just like it happened with the first one, it was my wife who came up with the idea for the picture, and I loved it. What made her come up with the idea was the fact that a local photographer has decided to start plagiarizing poses and ideas my wife uses in her photographs, which, needless to say, we find both insulting and unprofessional. On top of that, she has been spying on us and having friends of hers call us to find out about prices, rates, and other information. To sum it up, this photographer has decided to start imitating what my wife does, and as it tends to be the case, the pale imitations she is producing are a far cry from the originals she is stealing from. And since plagiarism is always a current topic of conversation in schools, we thought the cartoon would be relevant for the school's newspaper, and so I submitted this illustration to the editor. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Nash said...

Pido el comodin de la traducción que esto ya es muy complicado para mi.

Mario Alba said...

Pues que hay una fotógrafa local a la que le ha dado por copiar lo que Crystal hace en cuanto a poses y escenarios se refiere, con lo que se nos ocurrió hacer un dibujo burlándonos de ella.

Nash said...

Que gente más rastrera, aunque comprendo que la copie ya que hace unas fotografias preciosas. Esta gracioso el dibujo.

Mario Alba said...

Pues ya ves. Pero me alegro de que te guste el dibujo!