Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Leaner is Meaner

I liked Brotherhood of the Wolf, but the movie would greatly benefit from some judicious editing. Clocking in at two-and-a-half hours, BOTW is a perfect example of decompressed storytelling, and you could definitely trim it down to about an hour and forty five minutes without losing any flavor at all. Granted, the DVD I got from Netflix is the director's cut, so maybe the theatrical release was shorter, but the movie I saw was simply too long, and there really was no reason for it.

Other than that, BOTW was entertaining (especially the second half), and I particularly enjoyed the costumes, especially the clothes the two heroes (Samuel Le Bihan and Mark Dacascos) are wearing when we first meet them. Also, I really liked Monica Bellucci's gowns, particularly the black one she combines with a white wig, and the one she wears on her last scene in the movie. But I'll let Nash tell us all about her, since he is a big fan!

No comments: