Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, September 11, 2009

Innsmouth

I was reading Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors, a collection of short stories by the author, when I came across one of his two tales set in the H.P. Lovecraft universe. Gaiman talks about toad people in the story, and given the setting and my imagination, I imagined them sort of like this. When I decided to draw one of them, I thought I needed this "old engraving" style as I think it's the style of mine that fits the topic the best. I like the end result, but drawing all those stupid lines with my technical pens took way too much time. I knew this drawing session was going to go on for a long time, which is why I left the original pencils as unfinished as I could tolerate. After that, I grabbed the pens and got to work on my silly picture. It's a good thing I was listening to a selection of my favorite SModcast episodes to keep me even more entertained!

No comments: