Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, June 19, 2009

DVD Fever

Is there anything better than cool DVDs? Yes, there is: cool DVDs on sale. Over the last week I've found myself buying seven DVDs from places such as Target and Walmart, and I am very excited about my purchases. Some of these movies I wasn't specifically looking for, but I couldn't miss the opportunity to get them. Some other movies I was interested in buying, and I was happy to find them. And yet some other movies surprised me because they're still pretty much new releases, but Target was having a limited-time sale, and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Anyway, this is what I got:

The Robot Chicken Star Wars Special. Better than the prequels (a kick in the nuts would also be better than the prequels, I guess), and only five bucks. I already raved about it when I saw it on TV a couple of years ago --a must have!

The Gift. Sam Raimi's spooky movie, I've seen The Gift several times, and it was about time I bought it. And for five bucks, I just couldn't say no.

Frequency. I saw this movie a really, really long time ago, but I have very fond memories of it. You know what I'm also fond of? The four-dollar sale price. Beat that!

Scoop. Scarlett Johansson's second collaboration with Woody Allen, Scoop is a fun romp, and Scarlett Johansson is the main character. Paying seven bucks to have Scarlett onscreen for an hour and a half is well worth it.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe. One of the three limited-time sales Target enticed me with, this completes my X-Files collection, since I already own the nine seasons and the first movie, Fight the Future (better than this one, I think). And it was only ten bucks!

Yes Man. You might remember from my very positive review that I enjoyed Jim Carrey's latest comedy quite a bit. It was also on sale for ten dollars, and Zooey Deschanel's eyes were looking at me from the DVD box daring me to pass on this great offer. Needless to say, I could not.

He's Just Not That Into You. Another movie I liked when I saw it earlier this year, HJNTIY just came out on DVD, and they had it for ten bucks. And did I mention a couple of hot scenes with Scarlett Johansson? Pause button, here I come!

No comments: