Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, July 03, 2009

Surrounded by Morons

I enjoyed this movie by Mike Judge so incredibly much I have to recommend it to everyone.
The basic premise of Idiocracy is that smart people are not having kids but dumb people procreate like rabbits, which is not far from the truth, if you ask me. After that has been established, we meet Joe (played by Luke Wilson), an army guy who is asked by the military to test their brand new hibernating technology. Joe is supposed to be frozen for a year, but for a variety of reasons he ends up sleeping for five hundred years. Joe is a completely average guy, but when he wakes up in the year 2505, he discovers a very unsettling truth: he is by far the smartest person on the planet. From there, hilarity ensues.

I could mention a hundred jokes that made me laugh, but instead I'll just tell you to rent this scathing satire of our idiotic society and have a blast. If you like it even just half as much as I did, you'll still have a pretty good time.

No comments: