Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Run for Your Life

Here you have a quick picture I drew in about 40 minutes with my Copic markers. For those of you who don't know the game, the picture will make no sense, but this is an homage to Supaplex, one of my favorite puzzle games of all time. In this old game you control Murphy, "the red Pacman," and you have to find a certain number of infotrons per level in order to advance to the next one. However, there are dangers everywhere, and the most vicious enemies of them all are the Snick-Snacks, also known as the red scissors that chase you and make you explode on contact. Needless to say, that is the scene I decided to go for when the idea to draw a Supaplex picture came to me. In any case, go play the game if you never have, and I hope you enjoy both the game and the picture!

6 comments:

Nash said...

Que carita de pena pone el pobre PacMan, esta claro que las tijeras le dan más miedo que los fantasmas.

Mario Alba said...

Estas tijeras son palabras mayores, hahaha.

Jingles said...

Awesome picture I love it! I loved Supaplex too, and still do. I never finished it so I have started playing it again.

I have even launched a new Supaplex web site called THINK! Supaplex, (http://www.thinksupaplex.net/) it's still new but I'm updating it all the time.

Mario Alba said...

Thanks for stopping by, Jingles. I confess I never finished the game myself, even though I started playing it about three times. I think I never got past level 65 or so.

Cool website, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Murphy!!!

Enorme, el Supapalex.

Mario Alba said...

Ya sabía yo que te gustaría esta entrada, Hal.