Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Panta Rei II

To continue with this week's theme, it's true that everything changes, and the latest installment in the formidable Dresden Files series is proof of that. The book is titled Changes for a reason, and Jim Butcher makes sure pretty much nothing is the way it was before by the time the novel comes to an end. And what an end it is: a cliffhanger like you read about. (Lame pun intended.)

Needless to say, I'm not going to spoil anything, but I loved this 12th entry in the series about as much as I did the previous volumes. I really enjoyed Harry's evolution as a character, and the different changes in his status quo. I also enjoyed Murphy's changes in her status quo (with the promise of more to come), and it was also a blast to see both old and new characters develop, change, adapt, or die if they did not.


There are so many unexpected changes and developments in this book that I am eagerly anticipating the thirteenth novel in the series, which comes out next month. What is going to happen next? How are things and events going to turn out now that so many things have changed so much? When is Nash going to catch up with me so that I can discuss this book with him? The answers to all of these questions are waiting for us in the future, so I guess I'll have to be patient and wait for a little while. After all, it's not as if I don't have over twenty other books to read!

11 comments:

Nash said...

Bueno dentro de cinco años podre comentar este libro, mientras tanto me conformare con leer el septimo.

Mario Alba said...

Pobrecito. De todas formas, de este libro seguro que me acordaré, así que podemos comentarlo en 2016 :)

Nash said...

Vives en mi futuro, seguro que ya puedes ver los coches voladores, las armaduras personales y todas esas cosas chulas...

Mario Alba said...

Curiosamente, el otro día me adelantó un Delorean, pero iba rodando, no por el aire.

Nash said...

Que guay, una de las pocas cosas que tiene estados unidos es que te puedes topar por la carretera con un delorean.

Anonymous said...

Suena increíble. Yo de momento sólo me he leído los dos primeros, pero espero ir poniéndome al día en los próximos meses.

¿El siguiente sale primero en tapa dura? ¿Esperarás al paperback, Fel?

Mario Alba said...

Sale primero en tapa dura, sí; y esperaré al paperback, sí, porque los tengo todos en ese formato. Además, como tengo unos veinte libros por leer en la estantería de lecturas pendientes, seguro que estaré entretenido hasta que salga... el año que viene.

Anonymous said...

Jo, Fel. Te admiro. Yo cuando me emociono con algo, es que no puedo esperar. No sé contenerme, supongo. Vamos, que en tu caso me compraba el hardback el mismo día de su publicación. Soy débil.

Mario Alba said...

Siempre podría comprarlo y pasarme a las ediciones en tapa dura desde ese momento, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Sí, pero no lo harás. Porque si dices que te esperas al paperback, te esperas al paperback. Tienes tus prioridades muy bien claras, Fel. Admirable.

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Es verdad: me esperaré al paperback :)