Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Movie Report

Since you asked me to talk about Megamind after I mentioned it a few posts ago, here you have my comments: it is a lot of fun. I enjoyed it tremendously, and I found it very creative and chock-full of unexpected twists. I had a great time watching it, and I think you guys will like it too.

Another animated feature I saw recently is Tangled, Disney's take on the classic fairy tale of Rapunzel and her long hair. The movie was very cute and lots of fun, except for one thing: the singing. As a throwback to older Disney movies, Tangled is a musical, and is packed with songs. I don't know how you feel about characters in a movie breaking into song, but I, for one, don't particularly care for it. Tangled would have been a lot better without the musical numbers, but it was still great fun.

The last movie I want to mention is, of course, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1. Nash already talked about how much he liked it, and I agree: it was a good movie. I saw it when it opened, and after that, my fiancee and I watched all six movies on DVD (she went to see HP7 without having seen any of the previous films), and then went back to The Rave to see Deathly Hallows again. Is it the best Potter yet? No, it's not. Is it awesome, though? Yes, it is.

Other than that, I've been watching dozens of movies on DVD, including, as you well know, three seasons (and counting) of the Gilmore Girls, but knowing how heated the GG debate turned out to be, maybe I'll just wait and write a post about it. Wouldn't that be fun?

6 comments:

Nash said...

La de Megamind tengo ganas de verla que tiene buena pinta, la de la princesa cantarina ya se me han quitado basntante, pero bueno si estrenos e-mule la proyecto la vere.
No se si es la mejor de las 7 pelis pero si es una de las mejores.

Mario Alba said...

A mi la ultimas pelis (5, 6 y 7) me gustan menos que las anteriores porque no son tan divertidas. En las 4 primeras siempre hay algun tipo de misterio, o varias subtramas hilvanadas. Sin destripar nada, Una vez las cosas se vuelven mas serias y oscuras en el quinto libro/peli, la unica trama es basicamente "preparemonos para el final," y eso no acaba de gustarme tanto como las aventuras anteriores. Sin embargo, 5, 6 7 son estupendas, Order of the Phoenix probablemente la mejor de esas tres.

Anonymous said...

De las tres películas, me faltan por ver Tangled y Megamind. Pero estaré encantada de que canten :) (encantan esas "interrupciones",je).

Harry me gustó mucho, aunque lógicamente, me reí menos que en las anteriores entregas... demasiado "oscura" para mi gusto.

Y esperaré ese post de GG, puede que siga levantando ampollas...

Carmen.

Anonymous said...

Madre mía.... que de redundancias...

Carmen

Anonymous said...

Jo, pues a mí me han entrado más ganas aún de ver Tangled, con eso de que es un musical.

Me pirran los musicales, qué puedo decir.

Mario Alba said...

Pues nada, Hal: disfruta de las canciones :)