Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Whimsy, Unpredictable

Once again, I found myself watching a Hayao Miyazaki movie. This time it was My Neighbor Totoro, and just like the other four movies directed by the Japanese auteur that I've seen, it was a lot of fun. Like Ponyo, this one is geared toward a younger audience, but it was cute, fun, and completely unpredictable. I am actually beginning to think Mizayaki's tales might be the most unpredictable stories on film ever, but perhaps I exaggerate.

I could go on and on about the themes and topics and elements in the movie, but you can just read what I wrote about Spirited Away, and that way I don't have to repeat myself. At any rate, I definitely recommend this movie to anyone who wants to have a good time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debo reconocer mi ignorancia en lo que a la obra del señor Miyazaki se refiere. No he visto ninguna de sus películas, y mira que tienen fama.

Meitantei Holmes sí que la he visto, tanto de pequeño como hace poco, y sigue siendo una pedazo de serie.

Mario Alba said...

Hehehe. Que recuerdos...