Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Slow Vengeance

Munich is one of those films best seen while doing something else. As a mater of fact, I am typing this while watching the movie, because, while it is well acted and directed, it is so slow that I find myself wanting to do something else to keep myself entertained. Only, shouldn't the movie be taking care that?

I am an hour and seven minutes into the film, and I find my attention faltering. What a difference from the first episode of FlashForward, a new ABC show I watched online earlier today and that I already told you about here. Still, I wouldn't say Munich is bad, because it isn't. Maybe I'm just not the target audience for this movie, or maybe I don't have an appreciation for really good films, but I want my movies to entertain me and make me forget about everything else. And right now what I'm thinking is: is that French guy the same actor who played the bad guy in Quantum of Solace? Because Daniel Craig is also in Munich, which would be an amazing coincidence. Or maybe not that amazing. Anyway, I think I made my point. Munich is over two and half hours long, and I already think it should be edited down to about half that. But I bet you guys have seen it already, so let me know what you think.

No comments: