Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Friday, October 30, 2009

Podcasts

For the last few months, I have been listening to more podcasts than music on my iPod, and it's been a lot of fun. I know I've already mentioned a couple of them here, but I thought I'd make a more comprehensive list today. And yes, I know that listing four podcasts can hardly be considered "comprehensive", but you'll just have to indulge me.

SModcast
The podcast by Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier is the one I've been listening to for the longest time. I think it started about a couple of years ago (maybe two and a half), and I discovered it on episode nine or ten. I went back and listened to the previous installments, and I have been listening ever since. I have a bunch of favorite episodes I like to listen to again every now and then, and they always make me laugh. SModcast is supposed to come out every Monday, but the periodicity has been anything but regular. Still, 95 episodes are out already, so, if you've never listened to it, you have plenty of material to go through. Plus, they have recorded a couple of SModcasts live in front of an audience, and, needless to say, you can find the videos on Youtube (episode 88 and episode 95).

11 O'Clock Comics
This comic-book-centric podcast comes out every Thursday, and they have not missed a single week since they started doing it 79 weeks ago. It is hosted by Vince B, Chris Neseman, David Price, and Jason Wood, four friends who get together (through Skype) every Wednesday at 11:00PM to discuss comic books, and it is a blast. I discovered it last May, so I went back and listened to the fifty plus episodes I had missed, and I've been listening ever since. If you like comic books, this is a great podcast to listen to!

Sidebar
I only listen to this podcast occasionally, but it is more than worthy of your attention. Hosted by Dwight and Swain, Sidebar consists in conversations with artists from different media: comic book artists, illustrators, painters, etc. To give you an example of the wide variety of guests, Sidebar has interviewed artists such as Mark Brooks, Adam Hughes, Peter de Sève, and Drew Struzan. Yes, that Drew Struzan. I only listen to the episodes with artists I am interested in, but every now and then I'll listen to one that simply catches my attention, like their interview with Greg Manchess, which turned out to be a lot of fun. So go, check out their archives, and see if there is anything you'd like to listen to!

Feedback
I have only listened to a couple of episodes so far, but suffice it to say this is G4TV.com's podcast on videogames. I have been watching Adam Sessler's Sessler's Soapbox show for a long time, and now that Adam has become the host of this podcast, I couldn't help but start listening.

So there you go. Do you guys listen to any podcasts you think we might all enjoy? Leave a comment and let us know!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buenas elecciones, la verdad.

Los SModcast debo reconocer que me llaman la atención, pero me da una pereza tremenda ponerme a escuchar así de pronto casi 100 episodios de cerca de una hora de duración.

El único que yo escucho con regularidad es el de la Creative Screenwriter Magazine, en el que de cuando en cuando hacen entrevistas a los guionistas que acaban de estrenar película. Totalmente recomendable, si lo que os gustan son los insights en el proceso creativo.

Pero vamos, que yo sí que escucho mucha música. Ya tengo que encontrar un podcast que me interese muchísimo para suscribirme a él.

Mario Alba said...

Que no te dé pereza escuchar SModcast, hombre. No tienes que ponerte a escuchar desde el principio. De hecho, si estás interesado, te puedo pasar una lista con mis episodios favoritos (quince o así), y puedes empezar por esos.

Anonymous said...

Venga esa lista, pues.

Mario Alba said...

Me pondré manos a la obra!

Nash said...

De esas cosas creo que no hay en castallena, pero bueno cuando las doblen ya intentare escuchar alguna.

Mario Alba said...

Seguro que alguien hace algo de esto en castellano. No puedo creerme que nadie lo haga...