Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Come Take a Bath

If I have learned something about Hayao Miyazaki's movies after having seen four of them is that you never know what to expect. Whatever happens next is always a mystery, always a surprise. His movies are so whimsy, so original, and so out there that I guarantee you have never seen anything like them.

That's what I was thinking last night as I was watching Spirited Away. I had no idea what the movie was about before a friend invited me over to watch it, and I could never guess what was going to happen next. In true Miyazaki fashion, there were spirits, there was magic, and there was a sense of everyday life and routine to it. The main character was once again a little girl, and absent parents also influenced the story somewhat heavily. And yet, even though Miyazaki uses several of the themes and topics he always features in his stories, Spirited Away was unlike any of his other movies except in what really matters: it was a lot of fun. So check it out and let us know what you think!

4 comments:

Nash said...

Si yo no digo que no sean buenas estas pelis, perocon esos dibujos creo que paso.

Mario Alba said...

Tú mismo. ¿Has visto La princesa Mononoke?

Nash said...

No veo manga, aunque todo el mundo dice que esta muy chula esa peli, tengo muchas otras pelis que no he visto para ver una que no se si me gustara.

Mario Alba said...

Bueno, vale. Pues no las veas :)