Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fall Movies

The Summer season is over at the movies, but that means that Fall season is about to begin. I've seen so many cool trailers for movies opening in the next few months that I can hardly wait to see them all. Plus, there are some movies I know nothing about but which have interesting titles that make me want to, at least, find out more about them. At the same time, you know it doesn't take much to lure me to the movie theater, so it's not as if I need an excuse to patron The Rave in months to come. Here you have twenty-two movies I want to go see this season:

IX. September
All About Steve (09/4): the new Sandra Bullock comedy, the preview is hilarious.

9 (09/9): the animated movie produced by Tim Burton, 9 is going to kick all sorts of butt.

The Informant! (09/18): Matt Damon as a clueless spy, the preview is painfully funny.

Jennifer's Body (09/18): Megan Fox is a high-school-boy-eating demon. That's genius, if you ask me.

Pandorum (09/18): Deep space is always the wrong place to go in a horror movie.

Surrogates (09/25): a Bruce Willis sci-fi adventure based on a comic book, it looks great despite the writers.

X. October
Shutter Island (10/2): the new movie by Martin Scorsese starring once again Leonardo DiCaprio. I haven't seen any of their previous collaborations, but this one looks all sorts of cool.

Toy Story & Toy Story 2 in 3D (10/2): a double feature featuring two of my favorite movies of all time. I did go see Toy Story 2 in theaters when it opened, but I've never seen the first one on the big screen. I think that is about to change.

Zombieland (10/9): a cavalier Woody Harrelson killing zombies with a banjo = must see.

Law Abiding Citizen (10/16): Gerard Butler turns the law system against itself. The preview looks awesome.

Astro Boy (10/23): I'm really not familiar with the character, but the preview looks cool.

The House of the Devil (10/30): I have no idea what this movie is about, but it has a great title.

XI. November
The Box (11/6): the premise of this movie blew my mind. I haven't seen the preview, but I am interested.

A Christmas Carol (11/6): Scrooge strikes back, this time in CGI form and voiced (as well as the ghosts) by Jim Carrey.

The Fourth Kind (11/6): I saw the preview for this movie starring Milla Jovovich a couple of weeks ago, and it could be really creepy.

The Men Who Stare at Goats (11/6): what I've read about the movie plus the title piqued my interest. We'll see how it turns out.

Red Cliff (11/13): I know nothing about this movie other than it's the new John Woo movie. I'll have to do some research.

Planet 51 (11/20): the alternative for those of us who don't want to go see New Moon that weekend, this CGI sci-fi comedy looks very neat.

XII. December
The Lovely Bones (12/11): the new movie directed by Peter Jackson, it is based on the bestselling book by Alice Sebold that I still haven't read.

Avatar (12/18): James Cameron's long-gestating project will finally be unveiled. Will it top Titanic? Probably not, but I'll go see it all the same. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a movie by James Cameron on the big screen. What about that?

Sherlock Holmes (12/25): Robert Downey, Jr. playing Sherlock Holmes? Sold.

So what do you guys think? Any of these movies look interesting to you? Did I miss something you're eagerly anticipating? Leave your comments and let us know!

1 comment:

Mario Alba said...

Paramount's pushed back Shutter Island to February. I guess I'll have to wait until then...