Me gusta leer y ver la tele

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Yawn

Today I'm going to talk about Children of Men, a movie I had been interested in for a long time. This film, starring Clive Owen, introduces us to a near future in which humanity has been rendered infertile and therefore has its days numbered. Needless to say, a pregnant woman emerges, and it's up to Clive Owen to protect her.

The premise was interesting, and the movie got all sorts of praise and good reviews when it opened back in 2006, so I was somewhat surprised to find out it was one of the most boring films I have seen in the last few years. It was The Hulk boring, Van Helsing boring. It was The Matrix Revolutions boring, Revenge of the Sith boring, minus the presumptuousness and delusions of grandeur. I lasted for about an hour or so, and then I went to get my laptop. Forty minutes later or so, I heard somebody shooting somebody else, and I looked at my TV screen, but all I saw was the logo: Children of Men. The movie had just ended, and someone had ostensibly died, but I didn't know who it was. And perhaps not surprisingly, I didn't care enough to push the rewind button and find out. So, if you guys have seen it, let me know how it ends. Or not.

3 comments:

Nash said...

Bueno pues no la veremos, aunque como ya te comente la premisa se la copiaron de Aeon Flux, ni siquiera son originales.

alberto said...

Diferimos en gustos, mi querido finn. Children of Men es una gran película. La sensación de agobio que da el (no tan lejano) futuro de la peli está pero que muy bien conseguida.

Por cierto, es Clive Owen el que la diña...

Mario Alba said...

Hahaha. Gracias por decírmelo, Alberto. Al menos ahora ya lo sé :)